Dear Sailors and Friends,
South African Sailing Western Cape at the Cape Town International Boat Show
South African Sailing Western Cape will be exhibiting at the Cape Town International Boat Show at the CTICC and the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town from 9 to 11 October 2015. We are very excited about this
and will be using this event to raise the profile of the sport of sailing across all sailing disciplines and to attract new and past sailors into the sport that we love.
Our Stand B4 in the Main Hall and on the Marina will feature the following:
- Selection of dinghies, multihulls, kiteboards and windsurfers at the stand
- State of the art IRC keelboats, Vulcan and Nitro, will be available for walk on visitors
- Video presentation of sailing action on a large TV screen
- Chance to test your skills on the Harken coffee grinder
- Chat to sailors and South African Sailing council members
- On the Saturday and Sunday, Fergies Sailing School will run a Learn to Sail with boats available on the water to introduce people to the sport of sailing.
- Watch the RCYC opening cruise from the V&A Waterfront on Saturday
Yacht club and South African Sailing adult members are offered a 50% reduction on their entrance fee on presentation of membership cards.
The Show opens at 10:00 daily, closing at 18:00 on Friday and Saturday, and at 17:00 on Sunday.
South African Sailing is not about the committee members that volunteer to run the Organisation, but rather the sailors who participate in the sport. This is your chance to help grow this very special sport. Please bring along friends and family. We look forward to sharing our passion of our sport with them on Stand B4 and in the Marina.
on behalf of ZVYC,
Anna, Kathryn & Ron