Dear Members and Friends,
North Sails Sponsored Club Champs THIS weekend!
Entries are rolling in – have you entered? Email Kathryn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name/crew, class, sail number and club. Enter before tomorrow at close of day and receive a second entry into the lucky draw for a North Sails barrel tog-bag and a token for your hunger-buster boerie roll after sailing on Saturday! Collect your token from the registration office, upstairs, on Saturday.
Tuck shop, galley & upper deck open! Games and Jumping Castle for the kiddies!
Don’t forget TGIF tomorrow and bring & braai, upper deck open from 18h00 for drinks.
*PARKING is also available behind the change rooms on Peninsula road and the pedestrian gate will remain open during the day.
12h30 Skippers Briefing
13h00 Committee Boat/Safety Boats leave the dock
14h30 1st race of 2 races (last race finishing in home bay)
17h30 Hunger Buster from Galley
18h00 Happy Hour & North Sail tog-bag lucky draw (Upper Deck)
08h00 Tuckshop open
10h00 Racing Continues (2nd race finishing in home bay)
12h30 Galley open for lunches
14h00 Afternoon racing to start (last race to finish in home bay)
16h00 +- Prize-Giving Upper Deck, Snax and Bar Open
Tuck Shop and Galley Menu
Saturday – Tuck Shop open from 11h30
11h30 Bacon and egg rolls R25
Scrambled egg and bacon croissant R35
12h30 Vegetarian Quiche & Salad R70
Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes & Seasonal Veg R70
Sunday – Tuck Shop open at 08h00 (breakfast as above)
Coffees available under the Pine Tree from 08h00
12h30 Paella with Prawns & Mussels R70
Butter Mushroom Curry & Rice R70
Junior training for Novice/Intermediate will continue at 09h30 on Sunday.
FOR YOUR DIARY
20th & 21st January: North Sails Club Champs; Saturday first race 14h30, Sunday first race 10h00
Sunday, 21st January: Junior Training, 09h30
Sunday, 28th January: Junior Training 09h30; Summer Series 10h30; SACS Ergathon 07h00
Saturday, 3rd February: Alfred’s Harvest Regatta 07h00; Club hired for wedding at 14h00
3rd & 4th February: Southern Charter Classic 3 @ HYC; No Junior Training
Special General Meeting Notice
Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of the Zeekoe Vlei Yacht Club will be held in the Clubhouse at Zeekoe Vlei on Tuesday, 30th January 2018 at 19h00.
- To raise a Special Levy in respect of providing bridging finance due to a dispute with SARS who have drawn down our Reserve;
- To elect Millicent Keen as our Rear Commodore Sailing replacing Morgan Evans who has resigned;
- To consider and if approved by a two-thirds majority, amendments to Constitution necessary for NPO Status from the Dept of Social Welfare;
- To consider and if approved by a two-thirds majority, changes to our Constitution to fall in line with current circumstances;
- To consider and if approved by a two-thirds majority plans to cover the area between the new 3 garages on the north boundary of the Club.
*NOTE: More details to be posted next week and on the club notice board.