Dear Sailors and Friends
This past weekend saw yet another fantastic regatta at ZVYC, the North Sails Open. It was awesome to have such a great fleet on the water, despite many scholars studying for and writing exams. Great winds and great weather added to a great day on the water.
I am sure you are as excited as I am how sailing at ZVYC is really growing from strength to strength – this is just the start of the season – we have a great sailing season ahead of us!
A big thank you to North Sails to made the great event possible, and all those who took part.
Thank you to the following people who made the event happen:
- North Sails, of course, for sponsoring the event
- All the competitors who took part
- Dave Mabin, our photographer, for the incredible images
- Chris Deary, Dick Holmes, Afrian Craigen, Mr Teenby and Mike Hall – rescue
- Craig Leslie, our Race Officer
- Nikki Stock, Noel Mallinson,Margariette Schaffer and Ron Keytel – bridge
- Alistair Keytel, Rick Nankin and Ron and Anna Keytel for putting the grreat event together
- Rochelle for the great catering, as always
Wishing you a wonderful week further!
on behalf of ZVYC,
Rear Commodore Sailing