- This event has passed.
Southern Charter Spring Open
00 September 2014 @ 12:00 - 00 September 2014 @ 17:00
Incredible features of this regatta, which promises to be one of the best of the season are:
- Beautiful sunny weather and ideal sailing winds (we have ordered this already!)
- Competitive and fun racing with courses tailored to each class’ needs and wishes
- Open to ALL sailors – no memberships or affilations required
- Top SA Race Officer in the form of Doug Alison
- Fantastic food and awesome dinner after racing on Saturday
- SA versus Australia Rugby on the big screen after racing on Saturday
- Free camping at the club, or bring your matrress and crash for free downstairs in the ckub house, no charge! No need to drive home!
- Live Music, disco for the youngsters, table tennis and other entertainment
- Jumping castle for the little ones
- “vantage” supporters area @ UCT Yacht Club with fully serviced bar, tea, coffee and food
- Saturday and Sunday breakfast and lunch available
- The Southern Charter Advantage Buoy: hilst this is going to be a highly competitive fun regatta, we want to have as many boats on the water as possible racing, wasting as little time as possible between races, encouraging non-competitive sailors to learn from competitive sailors, and to facilitate closer racing an Advantage Buoy will be used in the classes that choose to
- Mentorship by some of SA’s best sailors for the more novice sailors
- Participation by top SA sailors
And it gets better!
Entry fee is only R 120 for single-handed classes and R 170 for double-handed classes
Racing starts not before 12h00 on Saturday 27 September and not before 10h00 on Sunday 28 September.
How to enter:
See you on the water! Start dusting off those dinghies for the regatta of the season.
Call Ron or Anna at the Club